|Item model number||83100|
|Product Dimensions||2 x 2 x 4 cm; 14.17 Grams|
Other Sellers on Amazon
FREE Delivery on your first order. Details
64% positive over last 12 months
& FREE Shipping
89% positive over last 12 months
& FREE Shipping
63% positive over last 12 months
SECHE VITE TOP COAT 0.5OZ
- You can return this item for FREE within the allowed return period for any reason and without any shipping charges. The item must be returned in new and unused condition.
- Read more about the return period and Amazon's return policy.
15 days Returnable
|Return reason||Return period||Return policy|
| Wrong or missing item, |
Any other reason
|15 days from delivery||Full refund or replacement|
Prime Savings Extra 15% off with EIB X Visa. Enter code EIB15 at checkout.
Prime Savings Extra 15% discount with code EIB15 (max. discount AED100, NO minimum spend) when using EIB Visa issued card. Discount by Amazon. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Purchase options and add-ons
|Material type free||Formaldehyde Free|
|Special features||Quick Dry|
|Included components||Top Coat|
|Age range (description)||Adult|
About this item
- World's Number 1 Top Coat
Special offers and product promotions
- 10% extra discount each month. Use code CB10JUN this June (minimum spend of AED150, max discount of AED50) when using Citi Mastercard credit card. For details visit: www.amazon.ae/citi. Discount by Amazon. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Prime Savings Extra 15% discount with code EIB15 (max. discount AED100, NO minimum spend) when using EIB Visa issued card. Discount by Amazon. Here's how (restrictions apply)
SECHE VITE TOP COAT 0.5OZ
1 x Seche Vite Professional Top Coat 14 ml
From the manufacturer
Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat is widely acknowledged as the world’s finest top cat. Its formula penetrates through the nail lacquer to the base coat forming a single solid coating over the nail plate for a more durable finish, guaranteed not to yellow and leaves nails silky, stronger and resistant to chipping and peeling. To date has won Best Beauty Buy (Allure & Instyle magazine) and Top 5 Top Coats by Nails Magazine for the last 13+ years.
Leading the way in natural nail care, Seche is trusted by professional nail technicians and women who demand superior quality products to create beautiful, strong, and natural nails. Since its 1991 debut, Seche Vite has been the premier, single-procedure, non-yellowing, dry-fast top coat for polish in the world.
Feel Complete. Feel Seche.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 2 x 2 x 4 cm; 14.17 Grams
- Date First Available : 28 January 2019
- Manufacturer : Seche
- ASIN : B00150LT40
- Item model number : 83100
- Country of origin : USA
- Best Sellers Rank: #5,346 in Beauty (See Top 100 in Beauty)
- #3 in Nail Polish Top Coat
- Customer reviews:
Top reviews from United Arab Emirates
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
1 - this needs to be applied on WET or TACKY polish. Forget all you know about top coats and you’ll get it. This product should be applied before your polish has finished drying because it doesn’t just sit on top of it, it bonds through all the layers of polish and onto your natural nail. It hardens everything and seals it in to make it last. If your polish is dry it cannot do that. It also can’t be applied to bare nails, so if you just want shiny bare nails stick with a cheap top coat that can be applied that way. This one just can’t be used like that.
2 - it needs to be applied quite thickly. So again forget what you know about nail polish, thin coats of this won’t work. Get a good bead of it on the end of the brush then swipe it down the nail, moving it gently to cover all of it and DONT LET THE BRUSH TOUCH THE POLISH UNDERNEATH! This will stop it from working and it’ll just peel off.
3 - Seal the edges of the nail! So with whatever is left on your brush after you’ve applied it to the nail go around the tip of the nail to seal it in. This will stop the top coat and polish from shrinking back and leaving the tips bare or prone to chipping. It’s not just a swipe on and go type of product, it has a learning curve but once you’ve got it you’ll never look back.
And finally Four - it takes minutes to dry to the touch however it takes 20-25 mins to dry to the point that you can touch it and it won’t wrinkle. So leave it alone. It then takes up-to an hour or more for it to fully harden and set to become dent proof. So don’t wait 10 minutes and start poking at the nail, it will dent. I left mine over an hour and when I remembered to check it nothing could dent my nails. They are solid!
All in all it’s an amazing product but it definitely needs to come with better instructions, I was so frustrated with it until I found blog posts explaining how it has to be used and I followed them. My nails are set and hard now, I still had some issues with application because it’s so thick but it’s like anything, once you get the hang of it you’ll be doing it perfectly every time. My nails are so so shiny and I’m excited to see how long they last because traditional polish never lasts more than a day on my hands. I typically have to use gel polishes but they are a pain to do on yourself. I hope this review helps anyone that’s struggled with this product or thinks it doesn’t work. It’s not your fault, the company should provide all this information but for some reason you have to find it yourself. I will continue to use it if it lasts like it promises. I’ll update in a few days time to check in with how it looks.
Anyway, I digress, this time "topcoat" was Seche Vite Professional Top Coat and it did what it promised - dried my coloured varnish hard and itself hard and super shiny very quickly indeed. There was a hint of colour on the brush from the varnish it was put on top of - next time I may wait a little longer for the coloured varnish to dry a little longer. I applied two coats of Seche Vite. I even tried to dent my toe nail varnish with my thumb nail and could not - it was totally set hard.
I was not brave enough to use as directed - straight onto wet varnish.
I am looking down at my toe nails now - the varnish is stil unchipped after 8 days and my feet have been in and out of the sea and the sand has only v. v. vaguely dulled the high shine. In fact I am now wondering how easily all this will come off my nails!
UPDATE: I removed all polish after about 3 weeks. Because of natural nail growth, there was now a small gap between varnish and 'half moon' so with a finger nail I was able to lift off the Seche Vite like a skin off some of my toes, leaving the coloured varnish behind - in fact on a couple of toe nails the whole lot peeled away (not the nail obvs !) which was fine with me as my toe nails are healthy and strong and it just meant a quick swipe over with varnish remover, follwed by a soak and a drench of Gardeners Hand Therapy (GHT) - which is another awesome product for making nails (*) as tough as old boots. (* eventually - you will have to use it every single night until total nail growth has grown from bottom to top - so it is a long haul depending how quickly your nails grow - I used to have very thin finger nails and now they are very strong - I have been using GHT without fail every single night for 8yrs or so. Defo worth purchasing - it lasts for ages.)
1. This dries fast! Very shortly after applying it it will feel dry if touching it lightly with your finger. It also dried the layers of varnish underneath. Make sure to leave it 20-30 mins before doing anything much as it is deceptive, knock your nail before then and it will still smudge.
2. This does reasonably well as a topcoat for prolonging life of your nail varnish (as long as your nails aren't damaged).
3. It goes on quite thick (I think partly because of how fast it dries) which gives it a smooth glossy finish. Some people might not like that but I think it looked good.
1. This wrecked my nails, and I always use a base coat (not by Seche). After one week of wear I found that a nail had split so that a layer was peeling off from the tip of my nail upwards. After two weeks a second nail was splitting. After a month six were and I gave up. As more nails split, the nail varnish in general stuck to my nails worse and worse until I couldn't wear dark colours.
2. I read online that there are more toxic chemicals in Seche Vite than in many other brands. I think this must be required to make it dry fast and dry out the layers of varnish underneath. I would have been fine with it if it hadn't caused such obvious damage to my nails.
3. This isn't the best top coat for longevity. If like me you always wear nail varnish, longevity is key. This won't last a week. I typically found it lasted 1-5 days (depending on level of damage to my nails).
4. It has quite a strong chemical smell when applying, more so that other brands I use.
Overall, I won't be using this regularly. I was really impressed the first week but that changed quickly. If I were in a real bind and needed to paint my nails fast I might use it and remove it within a couple of days. I was recommended this by a friend who swears by it, but they must have stronger nails than me. If you need speed and have strong healthy nails then give it a go. If you have sensitive skin or weak nails, I would avoid it.
FYI- I did a bit of research and bought a new topcoat that contains less toxic chemicals along with the base coat by the same brand and my nails have started recovering :-) Now my vanish lasts better as well as the damage is slowly growing out. Phew!
Its best to paint on 'tacky' nail varnish I.e just painted and starting to air dry - so paint one hand with your final coat then top coat that hand - then move on to the next hand. It sort of moulds on to your nail varnish.
I've found doing it like this stops the peeling off that alot of other reviews comment on.
Also as important - as soon as it starts to dry go and run under cold water, it cures it to again stop the peeling off and keeps the amazing shine.
I've learnt this technique after spending an age doing nail art then using this only to have everything on my nail just peel off!!
Do the steps and the shine you get is amazing!!