- 10% discount each month. Use code CB10JUL this July (minimum spend of AED150, max discount of AED50) when using Citi Mastercard credit card. For details visit: www.amazon.ae/citi. Discount by Amazon. Here's how (restrictions apply)
|All prices include VAT.|
10% discount with Citibank (code CB10JUL). Discount by Amazon.
10% discount each month. Use code CB10JUL this July (minimum spend of AED150, max discount of AED50) when using Citi Mastercard credit card. For details visit: www.amazon.ae/citi. Discount by Amazon. Here's how (restrictions apply)Redeemed
Enhance your purchase
- The North Face® lightens the load with the Borealis backpack.
- FlexVent™ injection-molded shoulder straps with a top layer of Atilon foam for added support.
- Comfortable, padded airmesh back panel with Spine Channel and PE sheet for extra back support.
- Adjustable shoulder straps provide a comfortable and snug fit.
- Integrated reflective loop for blinky light. Winged, stowable hipbelt. Large main compartment for all your essentials. Laptop sleeve is compatible with most 15" laptops. Hydration compatible with port. Front stash pocket and bungee cord for added storage. Mesh side water bottle pockets. Endorsed by the American Chiropractic Association (ACA). Safety whistle located on chest buckle. Capacity: 1770 cu in / 29 L. Materials:•420D nylon.•600D polyester print.•1680D ballistics nylon
- Material Composition: Mixed
- Closure: Zip
- Style: Borealis
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Stash your gear quickly and hit the road in redesigned 28 L Borealis backpack that's constructed with a suspension system for all-day comfort. The main compartment features a padded, fleece-lined 15 inch laptop sleeve and the front compartment is equipped with a tablet sleeve to protect and organise your electronics. Finished with easy-access stretch-mesh side pockets and an external bungee cord that allows you lash on additional gear. The FlexVent suspension system boasts custom injection-moulded shoulder straps and a padded mesh back panel with a spine channel for maximum support and ventilation.
3 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
TLDR: Backpack is not worth the cost. Buyer beware.
- Comfortable to wear during normal activities
- Sternum strap has a whistle for emergencies
- Bag has a hip-strap to take off the weight from your shoulders/back
- Thick padding on shoulder straps makes it so it doesn't wear you out physically and the 'aerodynamic' back-padding lets your back breathe during activities
- Nice, fleece-lined front upper pocket is the perfect size for a smartphone + wallet (see CONS for water resistance)
- Hip-strap has no padding - just nylon webbing. Can get pretty uncomfortable with heavier packs
- Bag is barely water resistant; 15 minutes of light Pacific NW rain and everything in all three compartments were wet or damp at the very least
- Mesh bottle pockets on the sides are not durable; after about two weeks of somewhat-daily usage, mine is already ripping
And my biggest and final complaint: the bag is designed strangely, the main compartment 'seems' like you have a lot of room, until you actually fill it up. I had a lot of trouble putting a pair of combat boots + socks in the main compartment. It does not have stretching side-panels, so there isn't much room for "a little extra". If you maximize the main compartment, expect to not be able to reach things that fall down into the bottom of the 2nd compartment. This odd design really throws off the whole pack, as I find myself struggling to reach all the way down into the 2nd compartment when I have 75% of the main area full. Frequently I'll give up because of how frustrating it is.
This back is is great for the daily commuter or hiker that wants to bring some extras. I usually use this bag to carry stuff for work. This bag can fit a 15.6in laptop of about 1.5 in thickness, 3-1in binders, a planner, few sheets of paper, and other small office accessories to include laptop charger.
Laptop is protected very well by the built in padding.
Large main pocket that has side bands to collapse if not full.
Durable exterior material with good water resistance.
Nice back and shoulder padding.
Personally I wish the secondary pocket extended down to the full length of the bag, but not a dealbreaker since it does carry a lot itself.
Bag does not stand in its own... has a slant that's designed to protect the laptop side closest to the bottom of the bag...so it can actually be a good thing.
Bottom Line: if you want a comfortable commuter/simple hiking bag that is durable and will hold your laptop with care, this is the bag. If you are trying to cramp your entire life in it, get a hiking bag designed for that.