MEATER Plus | Smart Meat Thermometer with Bluetooth | 165ft Wireless Range | for The Oven, Grill, Kitchen, BBQ, Smoker, Rotisserie
- You can return this item for FREE within the allowed return period for any reason and without any shipping charges. The item must be returned in new and unused condition.
- Read more about the return period and Amazon's return policy.
15 days Returnable
|Return reason||Return period||Return policy|
| Wrong or missing item, |
Any other reason,
|15 days from delivery||Full refund or replacement|
10% extra discount with Citibank. Enter code CB10JUN at checkout.
10% extra discount each month. Use code CB10JUN this June (minimum spend of AED150, max discount of AED50) when using Citi Mastercard credit card. For details visit: www.amazon.ae/citi. Discount by Amazon. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Prime Savings Extra 15% off with EIB X Visa. Enter code EIB15 at checkout.
Prime Savings Extra 15% discount with code EIB15 (max. discount AED100, NO minimum spend) when using EIB Visa issued card. Discount by Amazon. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Purchase options and add-ons
|Age range (description)||Adult|
|Outer material||Stainless Steel|
About this item
- 165ft Long Range Model: 100% WIRE-FREE that's perfect for outdoor cooking. The first truly wireless smart meat thermometer. Monitor your cook using the FREE app available for iOS (12.2.0 and later) / Android (8.0 and later) smart phones and tablets. Smart phone not included in the package.
- 2 Sensors, 1 Probe: Dual temperature sensors can monitor internal meat temperature up to 212°F and ambient / external temperature up to 527°F simultaneously. Dishwasher safe.
- Guided Cook System: Walks you through every step of the cooking process to guarantee perfect and consistent results. You can also set up custom alerts / notifications based on temperature and/or time. Advanced Estimator Algorithm: Can estimate how long to cook and rest your food to help plan your meal and manage your time.
- Connectivity Suite: Monitor your cook from a phone or tablet over Bluetooth. Extend your range Using MEATER Link WiFi and MEATER Cloud to use Alexa and monitor your cook from a computer.
Frequently bought together
Special offers and product promotions
- Extra 20% discount with code FAB20 (max. discount AED75, AED100 minimum spend ) when using FAB Issued Credit Card. Discount by Amazon. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- 10% extra discount each month. Use code CB10JUN this June (minimum spend of AED150, max discount of AED50) when using Citi Mastercard credit card. For details visit: www.amazon.ae/citi. Discount by Amazon. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Prime Savings Extra 15% discount with code EIB15 (max. discount AED100, NO minimum spend) when using EIB Visa issued card. Discount by Amazon. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The NEW Long Range MEATER+ is the first truly wireless, smart meat thermometer that allows you to monitor your food up to 165 ft away. There’s nothing worse than an overdone piece of meat, which is why a reliable meat thermometer is an essential tool for any kitchen or BBQ setup. MEATER+ boasts unique, patented technology that measures both internal meat and ambient temperatures in the oven or grill for a superior result, every time. Also, MEATER+'s companion app sends estimated cook times and alerts to your smartphone over Bluetooth or WiFi, giving you the freedom to step away from the grill and enjoy the party or sit back and relax.
MEATER Link: Extend your wireless range over WiFi. All you need is a 2nd smart phone/tablet to bridge the connection to your home WiFi network.
- Stainless steel, water resistant, and easy to clean
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless connection up to 165 ft
- Max internal temp: 212°F
- Max ambient temp: 527°F
- Rechargeable: Over 24 hours of continuous cooking per charge
- Dimensions: 5.2'' x 0.23'' diameter (130mm x 6mm)
- Built-in Bluetooth Repeater to extend range
- Store and charge your MEATER probe
- Magnetic backing: Attach your charger to any magnetic surface
- Portable and charges MEATER up to 100 times with 1 AAA battery
- Real wood to match any kitchen or outdoor decor
- LED indicator: shows charger battery state and probe connection status
- Dimensions: 6.2" L x 1.5" W x 1.1" H (157mm L x 37mm W x 28mm H)
- Shipping weight: 7 ounces (200 g)
- Connect up to 4 probes at once
- iPhone and iPad apps for iOS 10.0 and later
- Android app for versions 5.0 and later
- Alexa Skill Enabled: Just ask "Alexa, ask MEATER how long until my food is ready."
- Batteries : 1 AAA batteries required. (included)
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 3.7 x 2.8 x 15.7 cm; 209 Grams
- Date First Available : 14 July 2019
- Manufacturer : Apption Labs
- ASIN : B07H8WTFHW
- Item model number : OSC-MT-MP01
- Customer reviews:
Top reviews from United Arab Emirates
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
A few negative points:
- The Android app does not stop after the cooking is done and the sensor is put back in its receptacle. It remains running in background. You have to manually kill it.
- The app's UI is overloaded. There are too much information on all the screens.
- The main screen should have 2 widgets that indicate "Click here to start cooking" and "Click here to do other stuff". Remove or hide everything else in a menu.
- The cook screen is informative and intuitive though. However I suggest to add a widget that clearly indicates "Click here if you're done".
- You will be flooded by emails if you opt in for the cloud thing.
No negative points on the quality of the product. This thing works as expected.
The design is slick and well thought out. The app for the Meater works well and the accuracy is spot on. A green light flashes on the base if the thermoprobe is within range and connected. It flashes red if not. The app will tell you as well if you are connected. The base station will give you considerable more range than advertised, but see the next section for the caveats. The app also has settings to change the different alerts. You can only choose from their list of sounds which is considerably less than the full array you have on the iPhone, but still, there are four alarms and maybe 12 or so sounds to choose from. No need for too many. The initial settings were just fine for me. They have just updated the app to add all sorts of carnivorous delights you can cook with the probe. From venison to kangaroo. This is a nice addition as I often go in for antelope and other less common meats.
The instructions leave a little to be desired, but it is not hard to figure out unless you are the easily frustrated type. There is a card in the box for support and the website has support as well. The Meater + comes with a bamboo magnetic base for charging and storage and in the back it has a repeater to get to the 165' range it touts. The base (and I assume the basic Meater) must be within 33' of the base for ovens and some types of grills. For smokers it is much closer. That number is in the fine print. In the case of the Orion Cooker I have, I can get the base station to recognize the thermoprobe about 12' away, through the smoker and the window to the breakfast nook. The base station has to stay there so it can connect to the probe. Once connected the app can pick up the base station, and thus the probe) all over my house and considerably farther away than 165'. But if someone moves the base it might disconnect and then you won't get updates or alarms and you might overcook your meat.
There isn't much wrong with this unit and I do recommend it to others. That said, it is a bit misleading (or just obtuse writing) which will lead you to believe that you can just plop the probe in some meat and your phone will pick it up all over the house. I read several reviews (and one YouTube video) that slammed the Meater for the short range despite the fact it is in the literature and on their site. It is probably not as prominent as it should be, but think about it, how can a little probe hold a battery, two thermoresitors, and an antennae and get 165' range? Not with today's tech I fear. Maybe when the Federation is founded. Either way, if they were a bit clearer about that for the Meater and instructions to first remove the probe before using the app. My guess is those who had issues already had the app open and so the probe paired with the phone and they didn't get the range they desired.
If you turn on the app then remove the probe, the probe will connect to the app/phone and your range is now 33' (10' for a smoker). What is not said is that you have to fully exit and quit the app (swipe up on Apple), then remove the probe which causes it to pair with the base. Then open the app and your phone will pair with the base. Place the base where it is still flashing green when the probe is in the meat and the lid shut. Now you can use it all over the place. The app will show if it is connected properly and if it is not. I didn't notice where an alarm would sound if the base and probe stop syncing. If it doesn't have one that would be a nice addition. A nice loud one that vibrates as well.
They make a basic Meater with four probes, which is a great idea if you are smoking different meats at the same time, or maybe just using the smoker, the grill, and the oven at the same time. I wish they had something like that for the Meater +. I assume it will come out at some point. Then again, I rarely would need more than one as I'm not running a restaurant. Also, I wish the magnets on the back were a bit stronger. For some reason my fridge it will slip down a few inches before attracting to some metal large enough for it to grab onto. Other kitchen items like the pot rack and microwave side have the same issues. I just think the weight of the base, battery, and probe are too much for the magnets to support.
Bottom line, great unit, does what it says (even if you didn't read all it says). Just remember to remove the probe from the base first before opening the app or your range will be that of the basic Meater.