KIWI design Comfort Head Strap with 6400mAh Battery Compatible with Quest 2 Accessories, Battery Pack Elite Strap Replacement for Enhanced Support
- You can return this item for FREE within the allowed return period for any reason and without any shipping charges. The item must be returned in new and unused condition.
- Read more about the return period and Amazon's return policy.
15 days Returnable
|Return reason||Return period||Return policy|
| Defective, |
Wrong or missing item,
Any other reason
|15 days from delivery||Full refund or replacement|
Enhance your purchase
|Special features||Offer Comfort and immersion, Extend Quest 2 use time|
|Item dimensions LxWxH||24.6 x 5.6 x 23.1 centimeters|
|Field of view||52 Degrees|
About this item
- Make sure that this fits by entering your model number.
- Superior Comfort: Full soft thick cushion on the top and back with the counterweight of the battery pack, KIWI design battery strap helps to snuggly fit different head shapes and effectively distribute the pressure of quest 2
- Safety Certified Battery: Built-in 6400mAh industrial-rank high energy density battery with enhanced working efficiency, it adds 2.5-5 hours (APP depends) of using Quest 2 time when fully charged
- Easy Setup and Easy Use: With our unique 52° adjustable hinge, you can dip in and out of VR headset by just flipping up your headset
- Plug and Charge Design: Connecting the headset with the battery cable and power connecting to the head strap, both will be charged simultaneously
- 10,000 Times Bending Strap: The side strap adopts upgraded eco-friendly polymer material, which has extreme tenacity and sturdiness, no worry about cracking anymore
- Hassle-free Warranty: For any pre-sale or after-sales issues, an 18-month hassle-free warranty is guaranteed to feel free to contact us. KIWI design aims to be your trusted Quest 2 game companion
- Batteries : 2 Lithium Polymer batteries required. (included)
- Product Dimensions : 24.64 x 5.59 x 23.11 cm; 770 Grams
- Date First Available : 21 April 2022
- Manufacturer : KIWI design
- ASIN : B09XF69CR9
- Item model number : Q31-2.2
- Best Sellers Rank: #4,628 in Mobile Phones & Communication Products (See Top 100 in Mobile Phones & Communication Products)
- Customer reviews:
From the brand
How long will it take to fully charge?
It's about 3h to charge the headset from 0 to 100% with this battery head strap;
About 4h to charge it with the original headset power adapter and cable;
About 5h to charge both synchronously with the original headset power adapter and cable.
How long can I use it when both fully charged, the headset and the battery strap?
The battery capacity is 6400mAh, about 2.7times of the headset battery, it adds about 2.5-4 hours (APP depends) of use time when fully charged.
Does it fit KIWI design QP03 carry case or the official case?
Yes, but please detach the back bracket and the cable clip, to make it a proper fit;
And we do not recommend put it into the official carry case, even you can zip it up, but it's a bit crowded and may hurt the devices.
How to install the head strap quickly?
1. Snap the back pad bracket into the rear battery strap according to the corresponding L and R marks.
2. Align the side straps with the arms of the headset and snap them on by applying pressure on the strap.
What should I do if there is any issue about the product?
You can communicate with KIWI design support about any product issue, such as quality issues or use problems.
Comfort Battery HeadStrap
On-ear Audio Strap
Comfort Head Strap
Fitness Facial Interface
Upgraded Controller Grips
16FT Link Cable
|Compatible Model||Quest 2||Quest 2||Quest 2||Quest 2||Quest 2||Quest 2/1 Rift S, PC VR device|
|Special Feature 1||High-density Polymer Material||Ultra-Soft Protein PU Leather||High-density Polymer Material||PU, ABS Plastic, Memory Foam||PU, Silicone, Metal||PVC, Copper, Aluminum|
|Special Feature 2||6400mAh battery capacity||Enhanced Sound Effects||Enhanced Comfort||Foam Replacement, Better FOV||Protect the Controllers||Play PC VR Games|
Visible screen diagonal
<p>6" / 16 cm</p>
Top reviews from United Arab Emirates
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
My one knock on this is because of how you charge the device. No where either on the product page or in the User Manual states that you need to have a certain charging wattage to charge the battery pack. My Quest 2 charges plugged in with USB-C straight from my Macbook, however if I do this with this accessory, the light will blink for a short time and then not charge.
So now i need to unplug my Macbook's charger from the Macbook and use that to charge this battery. I am frustrated that it's unclear a certain wattage is necessary and I'm frustrated that it's not provided. I would pay more to have a charging brick that will allow me to do that rather than having to share a power cable.
I love it
Top reviews from other countries
The Kiwi design battery strap has genuinely been game changing. The strap is much easier to adjust than the regular Meta strap. All adjustments are done via a velcro strap on the top, and a ratcheting wheel on the back. This makes it very easy to quickly readjust. The top strap and the rear interface are both padded with leather and are very soft, making them comfortable to wear even for a few hours. The strap also has a neat feature where you can flip up the VR headset. This is really useful for anyone who wears glasses in VR, as it allows you to flip the headset up out of the way, put on your glasses and then flip the headset down back over them.
With regards to battery life, I played around 2.5 hours of VRChat, over Oculus Air Link using the Steam client version. When I stopped, the headset was still on 100% battery, and around half of the strap's battery pack had been depleted, so I'd estimate you get around 4 hours or so out of the strap alone (plus the normal 2.5 hours out of the headset). It's a huge increase in battery life and makes VR a much more convenient experience.
The other benefit of having the battery strap is that it adds extra weight to the back of your head. With the Meta standard strap, all of the weight is over the front of your face, but the Kiwi design strap distributes this weight much more evenly, which again increases the comfort.
The only downsides I can think of are very minor:
- The headset won't fit in the Quest 2 box anymore, you can buy another box to solve this
- The strap is definitely more bulky and does weigh more but I found I got used to this quickly
- There doesn't seem to be a way of checking the strap battery once you're in VR (you can only see the headset battery).
Overall though, while expensive this does make a huge difference to comfort and play time in VR and I'd really recommend it to anyone struggling with the standard Quest 2 strap.
(Unboxing and Fitting to the Quest 2)
The Kiwi battery strap was well packed and it also came with a lens cleaning cloth in the box.
Before using it ,it is recommended to fully charge it .
Fitting it onto the Quest 2 was quite easy using the leather straps provided and plugging the connection wire into the side of the Meta Quest.
(Comfort & Benefits)
I think the added weight of the battery at the back of my head makes it feel much more balanced on the top of my head and with the padding around the back beside the battery compartment, and the leather strap across the top of my head. There is also full adjustment for any head size, which makes it very comfortable to wear.
You also have the benefit of charging both batteries one in the head strap and one in the Quest 2. When the battery pack is connected to the Quest 2 and the charging power cable is connected to the head strap, it will charge both batteries at once.
I find the option of being able to lift the Quest 2 up when needing to look at the tablet or computer a very useful addition.
(Battery Life Testing)
For me it lasted about 4 hours and the battery indicator lights seem to go off one by one, for about every hour of battery usage.
Overall It seems a very well thought out design which is made very well and nicely finished, making it a great battery head strap for extending the time you can use the Meta Quest for.
Please note I have tried NO other headstrap except the one the Meta / Oculus comes with.
I was having really bad headaches from the original strap and it was very uncomfortable to wear and came across this one. It arrived promptly and I fitted it and tried it on. The difference was night and day between the two straps! I have no headaches from wearing this for hours at a time (sometime 6-8 hours constant.) for comparison the original strap was giving me a pressure headache within 20mins of putting it on.
I bought the headstrap with the additional battery holder and have placed a reasonably weighted battery inside it and it makes a big difference to the weight distribution of the headgear. If you have a problem with the machine being front heavy weighting this strap at the back appears to be the solution to that and it’s a bonus that you can plug in your battery pack for extra time if you are not running your headset from the Mains.
I am unsure how strong the strap is because I have been quite careful with it as I’m not sure about the plastic sides ( if they will break with bending for example, so I have tried to not be too rough with it)
But all in all the strap is very comfy to wear and has changed my VR gaming for the better. I will not ever go back to the original strap after wearing this.
First of all it is very comfortable, the battery at the back balancing the weight out much better than the original strap.
The battery adds hour of extra use to the headset and charges through the same cable, the built in battery gave only 2hours which was never quite enough.
It is super easy to fit literally 5 mins and if you are unsure any YouTube video showing how to change the original head strap will guide you through it.
I also wear glasses so the ability to tilt the front to adjust or demist is very handy .
I can’t comment on the longevity as I’ve had it a short time but it seems as sturdy as other headsets I’ve seen .
Hope this helps