KIWI design Head Strap with Battery Strap Compatible with Quest 2 (Battery Pack Not Included)
- You can return this item for FREE within the allowed return period for any reason and without any shipping charges. The item must be returned in new and unused condition.
- Read more about the return period and Amazon's return policy.
Enhance your purchase
|Colour||Elite Strap with Battery Strap|
|Field of view||52 Degrees|
About this item
- Make sure that this fits by entering your model number.
- Optimized Wearing Design: With the 52°adjustable connector, it will save you the trouble of adjusting the knobs to loosen the side straps when put on or take off the head strap, just gently lift the connector up and you can put the head strap on or take it off easily
- Enlarged Head Support: This elite strap has enlarged head support than the official one, the enlarged head support can better fit and wrap your head, which will make the head strap more stable and comfortable
- Longer Playtime - The Battery Fixing Strap fixes the power bank on the VR glasses, which can lengthen the battery life of the VR device, perfectly solve the problem of insufficient battery power supply and let you be more immersed in the VR experience
- Reduce Head Pressure - with the weight of the battery pack on the behind, the power bank fixing strap moves the weight of the VR headset backward to allow better balance, thereby alleviating the pressure on the player’s eyes
- What You Get: 1 x Head Strap, 1 x Adjustable Battery Strap, 1 x USB A to C Cable, 1 x Silicone Strip. Our head strap can fit in the official carrying case and most carrying cases on the market. Note: Please detach our back bracket first to put it in the official carrying case
- Package Dimensions : 22 x 21.8 x 5.8 cm; 100 Grams
- Date First Available : 10 November 2021
- Manufacturer : KIWI design
- ASIN : B09LHGY3X7
- Item model number : Combo02
- Best Sellers Rank: #2,502 in Mobile Phones & Communication Products (See Top 100 in Mobile Phones & Communication Products)
- Customer reviews:
From the brand
Quieter Rear Fit Wheel
It will produce less noise when you rotate the rear fit wheel to adjust the length of the side straps.
Having sufficient or the required properties for a certain purpose or task; appropriate to a certain occasion.
Wire Fixing Strap
Silicone straps can hold excess wires
Visible screen diagonal
3" / 8 cm
Top reviews from United Arab Emirates
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
My one knock on this is because of how you charge the device. No where either on the product page or in the User Manual states that you need to have a certain charging wattage to charge the battery pack. My Quest 2 charges plugged in with USB-C straight from my Macbook, however if I do this with this accessory, the light will blink for a short time and then not charge.
So now i need to unplug my Macbook's charger from the Macbook and use that to charge this battery. I am frustrated that it's unclear a certain wattage is necessary and I'm frustrated that it's not provided. I would pay more to have a charging brick that will allow me to do that rather than having to share a power cable.
Top reviews from other countries
The Kiwi design battery strap has genuinely been game changing. The strap is much easier to adjust than the regular Meta strap. All adjustments are done via a velcro strap on the top, and a ratcheting wheel on the back. This makes it very easy to quickly readjust. The top strap and the rear interface are both padded with leather and are very soft, making them comfortable to wear even for a few hours. The strap also has a neat feature where you can flip up the VR headset. This is really useful for anyone who wears glasses in VR, as it allows you to flip the headset up out of the way, put on your glasses and then flip the headset down back over them.
With regards to battery life, I played around 2.5 hours of VRChat, over Oculus Air Link using the Steam client version. When I stopped, the headset was still on 100% battery, and around half of the strap's battery pack had been depleted, so I'd estimate you get around 4 hours or so out of the strap alone (plus the normal 2.5 hours out of the headset). It's a huge increase in battery life and makes VR a much more convenient experience.
The other benefit of having the battery strap is that it adds extra weight to the back of your head. With the Meta standard strap, all of the weight is over the front of your face, but the Kiwi design strap distributes this weight much more evenly, which again increases the comfort.
The only downsides I can think of are very minor:
- The headset won't fit in the Quest 2 box anymore, you can buy another box to solve this
- The strap is definitely more bulky and does weigh more but I found I got used to this quickly
- There doesn't seem to be a way of checking the strap battery once you're in VR (you can only see the headset battery).
Overall though, while expensive this does make a huge difference to comfort and play time in VR and I'd really recommend it to anyone struggling with the standard Quest 2 strap.
(Unboxing and Fitting to the Quest 2)
The Kiwi battery strap was well packed and it also came with a lens cleaning cloth in the box.
Before using it ,it is recommended to fully charge it .
Fitting it onto the Quest 2 was quite easy using the leather straps provided and plugging the connection wire into the side of the Meta Quest.
(Comfort & Benefits)
I think the added weight of the battery at the back of my head makes it feel much more balanced on the top of my head and with the padding around the back beside the battery compartment, and the leather strap across the top of my head. There is also full adjustment for any head size, which makes it very comfortable to wear.
You also have the benefit of charging both batteries one in the head strap and one in the Quest 2. When the battery pack is connected to the Quest 2 and the charging power cable is connected to the head strap, it will charge both batteries at once.
I find the option of being able to lift the Quest 2 up when needing to look at the tablet or computer a very useful addition.
(Battery Life Testing)
For me it lasted about 4 hours and the battery indicator lights seem to go off one by one, for about every hour of battery usage.
Overall It seems a very well thought out design which is made very well and nicely finished, making it a great battery head strap for extending the time you can use the Meta Quest for.
Please note I have tried NO other headstrap except the one the Meta / Oculus comes with.
I was having really bad headaches from the original strap and it was very uncomfortable to wear and came across this one. It arrived promptly and I fitted it and tried it on. The difference was night and day between the two straps! I have no headaches from wearing this for hours at a time (sometime 6-8 hours constant.) for comparison the original strap was giving me a pressure headache within 20mins of putting it on.
I bought the headstrap with the additional battery holder and have placed a reasonably weighted battery inside it and it makes a big difference to the weight distribution of the headgear. If you have a problem with the machine being front heavy weighting this strap at the back appears to be the solution to that and it’s a bonus that you can plug in your battery pack for extra time if you are not running your headset from the Mains.
I am unsure how strong the strap is because I have been quite careful with it as I’m not sure about the plastic sides ( if they will break with bending for example, so I have tried to not be too rough with it)
But all in all the strap is very comfy to wear and has changed my VR gaming for the better. I will not ever go back to the original strap after wearing this.
First of all it is very comfortable, the battery at the back balancing the weight out much better than the original strap.
The battery adds hour of extra use to the headset and charges through the same cable, the built in battery gave only 2hours which was never quite enough.
It is super easy to fit literally 5 mins and if you are unsure any YouTube video showing how to change the original head strap will guide you through it.
I also wear glasses so the ability to tilt the front to adjust or demist is very handy .
I can’t comment on the longevity as I’ve had it a short time but it seems as sturdy as other headsets I’ve seen .
Hope this helps