|Manufacturer||Apparel LLC - Herschel|
|Item model number||10233-00919-OS|
|Product Dimensions||42.55 x 28.58 x 15.88 cm; 520 Grams|
Herschel Unisex-Adult Dawson Backpack, Raven Cross - 10233
+ AED 88.30 Shipping
Import Fees Deposit Included
We will collect the Import Fees Deposit at the time of your purchase and use it to cover applicable taxes and duties on import.Learn more.The total may change depending on the chosen shipping option and items in cart during checkout.
Enhance your purchase
- Signature striped fabric liner
- 13" laptop sleeve
- Adjustable drawcord closure
- Magnetic strap closures with metal pin buckles
- External storage compartments
- Classic woven label
- 15.75"(H) x 11.25"(W) x 6"(D),20.5L
Buy it with
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Crafted for everyday exploration, the Dawson backpack features a hidden drawcord cinch closure and additional storage with distinctive strap details.
1 customer review
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
1. The front flap pockets must only be for show. They are wide open, even when you snap them closed with the magnetic snap (which is not nearly magnetic enough to make this bag secure, but more on that momentarily). I would not feel comfortable placing anything in these pockets, unless I’m intentionally trying to lose it and/or have it stolen. So now that we’re down 2 storage pockets, let move along to number 2.
2. The main magnetic snap closure is SUPER SMALL and super weak. I had to physically insert my hand inside the bag to raise the other side of the snap up so that it could make contact. Nope, this is 100% too much effort just to close a bag.
3. The straps have no padding whatsoever.
4. There’s only one small internal pocket, and a secret side zipper pocket. I wish there were a couple more internal pockets or compartments, since the two outside pockets aren’t an option for stowing anything of value.
5. This bag in my opinion is priced $25 too high for what it is. You’re basically paying for the Herschel brand name. I would consider buying this again if it ever drops below $30.
Now I’ll admit, not everything was bad. There were some decent features on this bag.
1. Cute pattern and color choices. There are a ton to select from, although I didn’t really *love* any of them.
2. A decent size for a purse replacement. Definitely not too small.
3. The canvas seems sturdy and durable. Potentially even water-resistant to a certain degree (although I did not test this).
While I do like the appearance and styling of the bag, it’s just not functional and user-friendly enough to make me want to keep it. Not for $50+. I will keep using my Kavu bag while I search for another replacement.
Be aware that there are two styles of this backpack, both with the name "Dawson": a "women's" bag, which is sort of a large purse size, and a regular sized backpack. You can tell the difference in pictures by looking at the straps: on the women's bag, the straps are just fabric, no padding. On the regular backpack, the straps are padded.
It looks small, but trust me, it holds a lot and is quite a convenient size when traveling. The backpack is made of really great quality material and it has a really convenient pocket in the side that I've used to store items like postcards and other documents that I don't want to get too bent up since there is a nice, thick layer of padding on the back.
I've only had it for a month, but honestly, I can see this backpack holding up for a very long time. I'm even considering using this when going to classes once school starts again since I realized that my laptops DOES manage to fit inside!
After much trial and error, I have come to the conclusion that this backpack will not work for school for me personally. I simply cannot comfortably fit my 13 inch laptop, agenda, 2 small Five-Star notebooks and a tiny pencil pouch in the bag. The opening of the backpack barely covers the top of the computer so it won't close at all. The only thing that keeps my laptop from falling out is the flap and magnetic clasp,
With that being said, it's still a great travel backpack (I recently took it kayaking too, and while things got a little wet, nothing was drenched at all), but unless you have a smaller laptop, I wouldn't suggest it for school.