Amazon Basics Usb 3.1 Type-A To 4-Port Aluminum Hub Connector, Black
- You can return this item for FREE within the allowed return period for any reason and without any shipping charges. The item must be returned in new and unused condition.
- Read more about the return period and Amazon's return policy.
15 days Returnable
|Return reason||Return period||Return policy|
| Wrong or missing item, |
Any other reason,
|15 days from delivery||Full refund or replacement|
Purchase options and add-ons
|Hardware interface||USB 3.0|
|Special features||Play, Plug, Powered|
|Compatible devices||Smartphones, Mouse, Keyboards|
About this item
- USB hub transforms 1 USB Type-A port into 4 USB Type-A ports—ideal for mice, keyboards, cameras, and smartphones; not recommended to charge high-powered devices such as tablets
- Syncs and charges up to 4 devices at a time; fast data-transfer speeds of up to 5 Gbps; supports USB 3.1; backwards compatible with USB 3.0 and 2.0
- Plug and play (no drivers required); compatible with Windows 10, 8, and 7 and Mac OS 10 or later
- Durable aluminum shell; ports are positioned at an upward angle for easy access; available in Black or Silver
- Self-adhesive Velcro strips for secure placement; backed by an Amazon Basics limited 1-year warranty
Frequently bought together
- Product Dimensions : 8.51 x 4.83 x 3.2 cm; 107.16 Grams
- Date First Available : 6 December 2018
- Manufacturer : Amazon Basics
- ASIN : B07514FL43
- Item model number : L6LUD017-CS-R
- Country of origin : China
- Best Sellers Rank: #11,713 in Computers (See Top 100 in Computers)
- #244 in USB Hubs
- Customer reviews:
From the manufacturer
AmazonBasics USB 3.1 Type-A to 4-Port Aluminum Hub
Transform a single USB Type-A port into four USB Type-A ports with the AmazonBasics USB 3.1 Type-A to 4-Port Aluminum Hub. Simply connect the hub to a Type-A port on a laptop or PC, then benefit from four available USB-A ports—perfect for any busy home or office. The hub expands the functionality of a workspace, and its four USB 3.1 Type-A ports sit at an upward angle, making it easy to quickly connect or disconnect devices.
For fast data syncing, the hub offers a data transfer rate of up to 5 Gbps, and it’s backwards compatible with USB 3.0 and 2.0. The easy-to-use hub offers plug-and-play convenience (no drivers required), and it works with Windows 10, 8, and 7 and Mac OS 10 or later.
900mA power output: Connected devices should not exceed a combined current of 900mA.
- Transforms 1 USB port into 4 USB ports
- Sync and charge up to 4 devices simultaneously
- Fast data-transfer speeds of up to 5 Gbps
- Supports USB 3.1; backwards compatible with USB 3.0 and 2.0
- Compatible with Windows 10, 8, and 7 and Mac OS 10 or later
- Durable aluminum shell offers a sleek, modern appearance
- Velcro strips for secure placement
- Backed by an AmazonBasics limited 1-year warranty
Sleek Compact Design
The hub offers loads of versatile convenience all in a sleek compact design. In addition to its smooth contours and small size, the hub includes a durable aluminum shell in a modern, sophisticated color. Choose between Silver and Black.
4 Available Ports
The hub makes it easy to sync and charge multiple devices simultaneously. Connect a mouse, keyboard, digital camera, and a smartphone, for example—all at the same time, using just one original USB port on an existing laptop or computer.
Note: The hub delivers stable, reliable performance when connecting lower-powered peripherals, but it’s not recommended for devices that consume higher amounts of power, like external hard drives. The hub conveniently syncs but does not have the capacity to charge high-powered devices, like tablets, for example.
Keep the AmazonBasics USB 3.1 Aluminum Hub reliably in one place with help from the included self-adhesive Velcro strips. A simple press is all it takes to securely attach the hub to any desktop or work station.
Top reviews from United Arab Emirates
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
There's a couple of key things that let this product down though; the first is a minor thing but why is there an LED on this product? Given that it's a self powered hub, there would only be power to it when the PC is switched on, so it really doesn't need any sort of indicator, but if they were going put one on there, why is a cheap bright green LED? A modest blue or white LED would be more in keeping with the otherwise premium feel of this hub.
The second issue is a more important and that's the cable length. This is a fixed cable which runs from the hub to your USB plug and it's only around 50cm long. Whilst this is great if you're using this product on the go with your laptop, but if you are installing this on your desk then the measly cable length is extremely limiting to where it can be placed.
It would make more sense to have a USB-C port on the hub that would allow you to add your own cable of choice rather than a fixed one such as this. For this alone I'm dropping a couple of stars as it become far less useful for the purpose it's designed for, but overall as a hub I'm satisfied with the product.
The green LED is pointless as LEDs simply add milliamp loads to the USB port it’s attached to, which doesn’t help if you’re using an IBM Model ‘M’ Keyboard, which already draws up to 129 mA.
No complaints. Great value.
Have gone on to buy a powered USB hub for the Keyboard anyhow, while this will be used to quadruple the stingy complement of USB 3.0 ports on my PC.
That dark blue lump in the photo is is a USB to PS/2 adaptor incidentally. PS/2 is a proprietary (I think) connector used for keyboards and mice by IBM and Lenovo machines.
Buy with confidence.
One slightly esoteric point: though the sloping front face looks good cosmetically, the brain finds it easier to deal with vertical or horizontal surfaces when pushing things into sockets. With a sloping face, it's more difficult to accurately process the angle of approach, so I find myself picking this up and squaring the front face to push in a USB stick.
The led light is a bit too bright for my liking and an ugly green colour and the too facing the front - this can be really frustrating if the device is placed in front of you.
Overall i can recommend the device as it seems to do the job perfectly.